Friday, June 6, 2008

And I Feel Justified Because the Carrots make it Healthy

I fell in love last night. It was a wild and passionate, but short lived affair. Much too short. I think it may have changed my life.

I had a Carrot Cake Sundae from Maggie Moo's Ice Cream and Treatery last night. I tried to find a picture of it for you, but even though it said at the store it was a new flavor, it is just listed under regular old flavors on the online menu. This only means that they have been holding me back from my true love for who knows how long.

It's like a scene from Romeo and Juliet...the food version...

Initially, we had gone to Maggie Moo's to order Little Man's birthday cake. Although Maggie Moo's is a bit inconvenient as far as location is concerned, the owner there (as well as some teenage workers) goes above and beyond the call of duty in servicing people with food allergies. And, well, that is right up my alley and gets a gold star in my book. Anything that helps The Girl love and enjoy desserts as much as the rest of the family, without making her feel different from everyone else, makes me happy. So that's why I chose to drive out of my way to get a cake from this particular ice cream and treatery.

When I saw the poster/sticker thingy on the ice cream case that said "Carrot Cake Ice Cream Sundae", well to say I was captivated is an understatement. I LOVE me some carrot cake. The cream cheese frosting alone can be a dessert.

The sundae is made from carrot cake flavored ice cream. The ice cream by itself is to die for as it tastes like the cake and the frosting all mixed together with a slightly batter-like flavor. You know, like if you were eating it before it was cooked. Then just to take it up a notch, you add in walnuts and caramel sauce. The sundae board also suggested graham cracker crumbs, but I am not a fan of graham crackers so I skipped that, although, I am sure it would make a wonderful addition for most.

I got a kid size scoop, because I am all about restraint. Also, I was only going to eat a few large spoonfuls then save the rest for a rainy day surprise.

Then I looked down at the bowl and it was gone.

Apparently, when you get a kid sized scoop, a few large spoonfuls are all you get.

There may have been a few smaller size bites in between.

It was hard to keep track because all the blood had left my brain and was working very hard in my taste bud and stomach areas.

Thank goodness that place is far away from me....Although, I do have to go back to pick up the birthday cake.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

When are we going back? I have to try that.

There is nothing finer on this earth than some cream cheese frosting. And i cannot even imagine the goodness of carrot cake ice cream.

OH MAN.