Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You Can't Make Me Stop Carrying Him Around

Dearest Little Man,

On the Eve of your birth I can't help and think back to where I was 3 years ago today. I thought I had a good 2 weeks before we met. I had no idea that I just couldn't wait any longer to see your sweet face. I still feel the same way each morning, and each time I spend time away from you.

You have grown so big in the last year. You are no longer my little toddler, but now are entering into childhood. You surprise me daily with all that you can do, what you say, and your tenderheartedness.

Do you know that this year you have learned how to tell time, ride a bike, pose for the camera, and sing your ABC's? Your ABC's aren't the only thing you've learned how to sing. You sing all day long and have a love for music that just brightens up my day. I love to hear you sing Itsty Bitsy Spider, theme songs from your favorite shows like the Backyardigans, Sesame Street, Dora, and Diego, and rainy day songs. You are also a smooth little dancer, and can't help yourself when you hear a beat.

Did you know that you love your sister more than anything in the world? She is your very best friend. You two have spent the last year playing together non-stop. You giggle and laugh, play hide and seek, read to each other, play house, play good night, play together on the swing set, and watch your favorite TV shows together. You are so tenderhearted to your sister, and you watch everything she does, mostly because you look up to her so much, but sometimes, you protect her.

Do you know how much you amaze me with what you do? You are so tough and rough sometimes. Playing with tractors, cars, ninjas, and pirates keeps you busy. You know just what to do if a bad guy comes your way. Your cars are the fastest little cars on the whole block. You are a super hero that flies through the air ready to rescue who ever is in need. You have flown to "Infinity and Beyond" so many times this past year, your frequent flier miles must be in the millions. How did you learn all of that? Mommy and Sister sure haven't taught you. You were born ready for all this and so much more.

That same tough little pirate is also the same loving, snugly, polite, sweet little boy that loves to crawl in his Mommy and Daddy's lap. You are the best hugger. You also say, "I Love You" freely, and not just to your parents. You also tell your sister, grandparents, aunties and uncles, and cousins. I can tell each time you say it, that you mean it.

Although, in this past year, your hair has filled in more, you have lost your chubby cheeks and all your baby fat, you have stopped using your paci, and started using the potty, you will always be my sweet baby boy. I can hardly wait to see what the next year has in store for you. You have so much to be excited for.

As I watch you grow, I am overwhelmed with how blessed I am to be your mother. God hand-picked you out just for us, and I couldn't be more thankful. You teach me new things about myself, others, and the world almost everyday. Thank you so much for letting us watch you grow. Happy third birthday, Son.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: