Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Day of Bravery

I type this from the cozy basement abode we are calling home for the next couple of weeks. The fear that I had about our hardwood floors, well, it partially came true. It seems as though we didn't get the right kind of wood delivered last week. Something weird about hardwood is that it has to acclimate to the environment that it is being installed in. So we couldn't just return the wood and get new stuff and start again today. Nope, it has to sit in our home and just hang out for a few days and get acquainted with the surroundings that it will one day call home.

Sensitive stuff.

The kids are in heaven knowing that they will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa for much longer than they thought. Meanwhile, I have been going to and fro getting all that needs to be with us, with us. Thankfully, I am able to go and get what I need since we aren't too far away from home. Scott is even riding his bike to and from instead of driving. He's definitely getting in a workout, and I am trying not to freak out about him being on the road with his bike too much.

The kids finished up their swim lesson session this week. They both are taking private lessons at our neighborhood pool. I can't believe how well The Girl is improving. I actually saw what resembled a freestyle stroke. She is becoming increasingly brave as she navigates pretty much where ever she wants to in the pool. It's very fun to watch.

The Little Man, well, he made it through lesson today with out any tears. He still screamed his fool head off, but he held back on the tears. He also stuck is face into the water, willingly, and blew bubbles out of his nose. He will not allow us to let him float in the deep end (3.5 feet) with his water wings on. He did, however, pull out all the stops today in the shallow end when he lifted both of his feet up and behind him and then simultaneously stuck both arms out to the sides and floated. It was a big moment. Thankfully, he repeated it several times and did so with a smile on his face.

What a brave little dude.

I accidentally was brave today, as well as the rest of the pool patrons, when I realized that I forgot to put The Little Man in his swim diaper. He told me he needed to go to the potty, and as I was helping him out of the pool, I realized there was nothing there to protect us if he decided he couldn't wait. Since we were successful in making it on time, I thought I would go for it. I never ended up putting on the swim diaper. He continued to tell me when he needed to go, and as far as I (or anyone else) know, never had an accident.

Risking the swim diaper is the bravest I've been in a long while.

Watch out, the next thing you know I might go shopping or take some other outing with The Little Man in...(gasp)...underwear!

No comments: