Monday, April 7, 2008

There Were too Many Laughs to Recount Them All

Well, either I have been trapped under something heavy, been out of the state, or ill. I am SO happy to say that option two is correct. I have just returned home from the Valley of the Sun, or for those of you that are not up on state nicknames, Arizona. My wonderful hubby treated me to a spa get-away with 3 of my friends, and I could not have had a better time.

I cannot express to you all how much I NEED warm weather. I feel like a whole other person when I am in warmer weather...friendly, relaxed, and just down right cheery. Of course having 5 days to myself, spending time with great friends, having a few spa treatments, eating good food, working out whenever I wanted to for however long I wanted to, not having to rush off anyone to school, make any meals, or do any type of chore what-so-ever could have also influenced my euphoric mood.

That's just a guess though.

I did, in fact, miss my family at home. It was just really nice to get a break.

Now I am home, and I will reap the consequences of being absent for 5 days...I mean spend the rest of the week doing a little catch-up here and there.

But, I will do it with a smile.

And a little bit of a tan...hey I used SPF 30!

Oh, and also really radiant skin...those spa treatments were just what the dermatologist ordered.

...and here we are on our last night. Feeling fabulous and stuffed full of yummy Mexican food and skillet cookies with ice cream.

Thanks girls! I had a wonderful time.

Thanks hubby! You know what my heart needs.

No comments: