Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Small Accomplishments

We've recently accomplished a few things in our home. If a bragging mother annoys you, then WARNING: YOU ARE GOING TO GET ANNOYED. There, now you can't say I didn't let you have an out before getting too far into this.

Because you could get so lost in the writing that you may not even realize what's going on before BAM! There you are reading some gushing mother's tale about her two perfect little cherubs and you are feeling sick to your stomach.

Now that we have that out of the way, here we go.

First up, Delanie. My little smarty pants. Her brain can not possibly soak up more information than it already does daily. She lives to learn, and has been that way since day one. I realize that many of her accomplishments aren't too out there fabulous, but they are HER accomplishments, and I am her mother, and I can't get enough. I just get so proud of her. Just wait until she starts Kindergarten next Fall...oh, someone help me!

And really, someone help you because you will get to hear every gory detail via this here blawg o' mine.

Delanie finished her reading program yesterday! She and I started it in January and plugged away everyday (missing a few days here and there) until she was done. I am so proud of her perseverance with this program. There were times when it got tough and I...I mean SHE stuck with it. She often was the one reminding me that we needed to get a lesson in. While she learned to read, I learned that I could NEVER home-school, and the people who do are saints.

Seriously though, I love my daughter, and I loved being able to be there with her as she learned the gift of reading. I loved watching her learn and grasp things. I loved seeing her enthusiasm and her drive to get things just right. I think we had bumpy roads just about everyday but 1, but hey, we did it!!

Here is where she started:
Just learning some sounds

Making words:




And this is where she ended yesterday! I can't believe it!

As for Paxton, there will be no pictures.

Trust me, you are very thankful.

My sweet boy is finally having some success in the potty department. I wouldn't say we have "turned the corner" per se, but we are definitely making progress. He is earning all kinds of treats and rewards, and we are hoping that one day he will treat and reward us by never making us need to change a dirty diaper again.

Just what, oh what, will I do with myself when I am not changing dirty diapers all day? Well, hosing down and scrubbing the bathroom daily will take up a good chunk of that time.

It's progress, and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats to Lanie and Pax for their great accomplishments. Auntie Sarah is SOOO proud!
I love You!