Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cycles

Sometimes I feel like I struggle with the same things over and over again. I feel embarrassed at times going to God with the same re-occurring issues. What's even more silly, is I think that if I don't bring it up God might not know that I am struggling...again...as if He doesn't know what's going on in my heart. Then, today, I was encouraged by a few verses during my Bible study.

These verses helped me to realize that He is all powerful yet tender-hearted, and sovereign. While cycles in life can seem so repetitive, He is still here watching over me until he feels as though the season is complete.

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
he rises to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more.
How gracious he will be when you cry for help!
As soon as he hears, he will answer you.
Although the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction,
your teachers will be hidden no more;

with your own eyes you will see them.
Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This the way, walk in it."

Isaiah 30:18-21 (emphasis mine)

I am so comforted in the fact that as soon as he hears me he answers. And although I may be discouraged at times, I have hope in the fact that one day my ears will hear a voice say "This is the way, walk in it."

No comments: