Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Being a Kid is HARD Work!

Delanie had a rather rough day today. Like most days she goes to school, she was wiped out. Pre-K isn't for the faint of heart. To top it off, she had the flu shot looming over her head all day as well. She knew it was scheduled for today after school, and if I know my daughter like I think I do, she probably thought about it and told everyone who would listen about it all day long. Poor girl. She HATES shots. Most kids do.

When we got to the Dr's office, she told the nurse who was administering the shot "I know what you are going to do, and I am going to scream!" The nurse replied "It won't hurt. Just a tiny pinch. You'll be just fine." Delanie comes back with "I am almost five now, I know what shots are all about...I am not fooled!" She then proceeded to claw me to death and almost kick the nurse as we pinned her down for the shot...Hard work! Pax cowered in the corner at the sight of big sister losing it.

After nap she came bounding in my room. Earlier in the day she said she couldn't remember all she learned at school, just that she had gone to recess. Well, a nap must've refreshed her memory because she told me, all in one breath, about how she had learned about Moses, the Burning Bush, King Ramsey keeping the Israelites as slaves, and the plagues had God sent as punishment. WHAT A DAY! She was particularly set on the slaves portion of the story...I had a feeling it would come back to me later in the day or week...Yup, just as I thought:

Me at 7:45 tonight: Time to clean up toys, kids...you have 5 minutes!
Me at 7:48: Kids if you don't start cleaning up, you are going to miss dessert!
still no movement from the troops just sighs and groans
Me: Come on guys let's hurry up and clean so we can have dessert!
Delanie: Gosh mom! You are just trying to keep me and Pax as slaves! It isn't kind, and God really doesn't appreciate this!

Yup, there it was...it didn't even take 4 hours...she's already put it all together. For the record, I giggled (under my breath) Then told my slave to get her toys picked up before the onslaught of frogs hit!

1 comment:

Robin said...

That is great...let me know if you ever figure out how to produce a plague of your own... could come in handy as a mom some days!