Friday, November 25, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Hangover

Ugh.

I feel so "eh".

If that is even a word.

As I was out for a walk today, I realized that this was the first Thanksgiving in five years that I wasn't part of some sort of Turkey-Trot or did some sort of pre-feast damage control in the form of a long run.  With the bum hip this year, the run was a no-go.  Yesterday, I didn't really miss it at all.  It was quite wonderful to have a full day focused on my family and enjoying the day.  Today, I felt it.  Thankfully, I had time for a short walk, which really  helped.  I am also thankful to have something to look forward to on Monday: back to scheduled workouts. 

Tonight I am thankful for traditions.  It's Polar Express night in our house.  I love this family tradition that we have.  It is such a great way to kick off the Christmas season.  I am thankful for the consistency in it, and that the kids look forward to it as much as I do. 

(So, after searching for the link above I discovered that this is our SEVENTH year of this tradition! We started this tradition two years before I started this blog.  Time flies when you are having fun.)

It's time to snuggle into some warm jammies, get the hot cocoa going, and get ready for Christmas!

No comments: