Sunday, November 27, 2011

Family and Time

Saturday, November 28th
Today I am thankful for my family.  I am thankful for each person separately as well as our whole family unit.  The Hubs works hard, and is probably the most generous person that I know.  The Girl is very compassionate and is such a great care taker.  She never has to be asked to help someone hurt or sick.  She just does.  Instinctively.  And The Little Man, he's an encourager in his core.  He also loves to give, just like his dad. 

Today, as we went shopping for The Girl's Christmas gift, I had to explain to him that Christmas lists are something we can use to get an idea of what people like.  They aren't a list of everything we need to buy for that person.  He just responded with, "But these are all the things she wants, and I want to make sure she gets all of them."

Love that.

As I met with some girls at dinner and we talked about family dynamics, marriage, and children, I couldn't help but notice how content I was with what God has given me.   He has blessed me abundantly in this area, and I feel as though my heart could burst with thankfulness.

Today:
I am thankful for the amount of time we have had off from school and schedules, and the amount of stuff that was accomplished in this time.  I think we need to have two-day-weeks more often.  I feel very rested and ready to start a new week.  I feel organized and ready to take on the tasks that lay before me.  I feel thankful for the time off, and thankful that I am not dreading going back. 

No comments: