Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Still Playing Catch-Up

GAH!  I'm not sure how so many days have gone by without me posting.  I will say each night that I have gone to bed without doing a "thankful post", I have been awakened right as I was falling asleep remembering that I had forgotten to do my post.  Let's hope that by getting all caught up today, that I will get in a wonderfully full night's sleep tonight...A girl can hope.

Sunday, November 13th:
Church, a nap ( Hello!  That's praise worthy all by itself.), flowers from my men, and the kids playing themselves silly OUTDOORS.  It was a blissful day.

Monday, November 14th:
My sister's birthday (so thankful for family!), a little substitute teaching (thankful for provision and joy in my work), some much needed girl time (SO, SO thankful for friends who encourage, listen, laugh, and challenge (in an iron sharpening iron sort of way), and last but certainly not least, OK, it's probably one of the biggest thanks I have had in months, my cousin asking Christ into her heart.  I had the absolute honor of praying with her for her salvation.  It was so awesome, humbling, wonderful, and joy-filled.  Really, there are no words to totally describe it.  I am so thankful that I will get to see her in Heaven one day, and we can now be called "Sisters" in Christ.  What a blessing!  He is the Author and Perfecter, and WOW he totally showed off!

Tuesday, November 15th:
I am so thankful for my health.  And for what amounts to a large zit.

Seriously.

I had a doctor's appointment for a very suspicious spot that sort of came up out of nowhere.  It was funky in color and had a hard cyst-like thing underneath it.  Having had skin-cancer recently, I knew I shouldn't fool around.  However, I got a little nervous about what they were going to say, and then I got a little busy, and then I had a big bout of denial I was trying to deal with.  Well, finally, I got up enough nerve to just go to the doctor.  The Hubs was so comforting through the whole ordeal.  I mean each and every time he would look at me he would remind me, "Oh Honey!  That is cancer on your face.  You better get to the doctor right away."  or "Whoa!  That is looking so horrible.  I'm serious, Hon.  You should get to the doctor.  It has to be cancer."

So, basically I was full of peace and surrounded by encouragement and comfort.

Anywho, it turned out to be a cyst, which the doctor is pretty confident is NOT cancerous.  The way she described it made me ask her, "So, basically what you are saying is you think I have a ginormous zit on my cheek that is buried so deep that I'll never get the chance to pop it?"  To say she was impressed with my tact and vast medical understanding is a total understatement.

I walked out of the office so super thankful for my ginormous zit.  But mostly, I am so thankful for my health.  I do not want to make light of the fact that some people yesterday were not blessed by the news I received, but instead heard other news. 

Today:
So thankful, again, for provision.  Today, while walking back to my small group for Bible study, the line for the food pantry at the church was so long.  I couldn't help but notice all the faces.  These are real people.  They have real needs.  And there were many.  I am so thankful for food pantries, for those who share their abundant blessings, and a chance to be reminded to look out of my own small world.

1 comment:

betty said...

Happy belated birthday to your sister! Wonderful news with your cousin and her accepting Jesus as her Savior and your part in helping her with it! Awesome!! Glad to hear "its just a cyst" and not something more serious! It is good that there are people out there helping others with food and other provisions these days; truly what God would want us to do!

betty