Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Catch-Up

Yesterday (and every day since I bought this devotional), I was super thankful for one of my morning devotionals, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  Yesterday she had this reminder from Philippians 4:12, Genesis 28:15, Philippians 4:19, and Romans 8:38-39.  The way that this devotional is written is from God's perspective to us, His children.  Each morning, I am so touched by what is in this devotional.  It always seems to hit a soft spot in my heart.  Yesterday morning was no different.  Not only did it hit a soft spot, but it was also encouraging, as well as a wee bit (OK, may be a LOT) convicting.  She writes:  "People tend to think their circumstances determine the quality of their lives.  So they pour their energy in to trying to control those situations. They feel happy when things are going well, and sad or frustrated when things don't turn out as they'd hoped.  They rarely question this correlation between their circumstances and feelings.  Yet it is possible to be content in any and every situation...Don't let your well-being depend on your circumstances.  Instead, connect your joy to My precious promises: I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.  I will meet all your needs according to My glorious riches.  Nothing in all creation will be able to separate you from My Love."

I was even more thankful that The Lord gave me an opportunity, not too much later in the morning, to encourage and love on someone else with these exact words.   I love it when He does that!

Today, I am so thankful for our church.  Sunday is my most favorite day of the week.  Nothing can be sweeter than having a full day devoted to worship, praise, and spiritual cleansing, especially when it is done with other believers.   I am fully aware that not all people have the opportunity to worship with others freely, as I do each Sunday.   It's such a gift, and I am thankful.

1 comment:

betty said...

First time commenting on your blog; I absolutely loved the devotional "Jesus Calling". I did it a few years back, might do it again at the start of 2012. It really did speak to me!

Church families rock! I love our church family! Love going to church too, of course, to worship Jesus and learn about him more, but always good to be part of a church!

I hope you have a great weekend!

betty