Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's So Thick You Can Cut it With a Knife

Oh, the DRAMA...The Girl is so DRAMATIC. I seriously don't know where she gets it from...

OK, I might have a slight idea.

Between the two of us, there may not be enough room in our home for this much drama, and she is only 5 1/2. I really thought we wouldn't see this until closer to the "Tween" or Teenage years.

I knew she would be full of drama tonight when she was able to break out with the tears, pretty much on cue, while asking if she could go to the park with a friend after dinner. Because she has, "never been to a more fun place in the world, and it would be just horrible, just HORRIBLE if she had to miss it." I had to say no because of the time and the whole "going to bed at a reasonable hour for school the next morning" thing we have going on.

The waterworks were Out. Of. Control.

As if that wasn't enough, she totally turned it on when she thought she had lost her night-time cup.

D: Mom!! I cannot find my cup anywhere!!
me: I think you just brought it upstairs. It has to be around there somewhere.
D: (tears are flowing)NO. NO. NO. It's lost. I have looked EVERYWHERE!
me: Well, it can't be too far, you just had it.
D: It's lost. (Sob, sob, sob) Oh great, it's lost forever! (Sob, sob, sob)
me: Settle down. We'll find it.
D: No, we won't. It's LOST. It is GENUINELY LOST!

And with that I just laughed. I couldn't help it.

Which totally made the situation so much better.

No comments: