Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm So Tired a Real Title is Eluding Me

WHEW! It's been busy again! We just got back into town from the mountains. We spent some time with our church at a retreat focusing on reconnecting. It was great! And I would say pretty successful.

Right now, all I can think about is reconnecting with my own bed, but I will share some fun from the last few days:

1. The kids did fabulous in the room we shared. They both got to sleep on the top bunk which amused them to no end. I thought for sure we would have problems through the night with bad dreams, night terrors (no they are not the same as bad dreams), falling out of bed, and all things that would not allow a mother or father to sleep. But no! The kids both slept well. So did the hubby. I however, waited up most of each night waiting for something to happen. Anything really.

2. Taking a nap in the middle of the day doesn't sound like much fun, but it is. I thought we would be missing out on a whole bunch of fun going on during a "free time" by forcing our children back to our room for a much needed nap, but really we so needed it, and it helped make our evening go just that much smoother. Plus, not having to do in by myself was nice too. Hubby and I read our books, and also caught a few Z's ourselves.

Yes, I just listed taking a nap as a highlight of our weekend. It was awesome.

3. S'mores. Enough said.

4. Changing leaves in the mountains. Beautiful.

5. Bringing my own food into the Y's dining hall: Yummy and SO necessary. I think it played a pivotal role in the weekend going so beautifully.

7. Our dog having such a good time at our dear friend's home this weekend that she didn't want to come home. It's hard to leave your dog behind when you think she could be difficult for the caregivers because she can be quite needy. Especially when you are hoping that the caregivers will still want to be your friends after watching the needy dog. She did amazingly well, and I was sad to have to make her leave. They assured me though, even though she was well behaved and their kids liked having her around, that it wasn't possible for them to keep her.

Shucks.

It's time to reintroduce myself to my soft comfy sheets, and my warm and cozy bed.

I am sure as soon as my head hits the pillow tonight, all those things I posted back in #1, that I waited up for all weekend long, will actually happen just as I shut my eyes.

Clearly, I have a busy night ahead of me and I should get started.

No comments: