Friday, September 12, 2008

Exerpts from Today

Random conversations I took note of today:

The Girl and The Little Man are playing "Go to Sleep". The Little Man wants The Girl to do something for him because he is unable to. She wants nothing to do with helping him out.

P: Seriowswee Wanes, if you just help me, den I could pway.
Translation: Seriously Lanes, if you would just help me, then I could play.

The Girl takes a break from playing "Go to Sleep" to tell me this news flash:
D: Mom, sometimes when I lay down on my pillows and blankets, I feel so very royal.

The Girl and The Little Man are playing "Explorers" in the playroom with the lights off and a small flashlight. The Little Man gets scared and wants the lights back on after The Girl shows him some shadows she can make with the flashlight:

P: (Running out of the playroom with very wide eyes) Mommy! Something bery scary is in da playroom!
(Translation: Something very scary is in the playroom!)
Me: Really? What's going on in there?
P: Wanie turned off da wights and den I saw bery mysterwious shadows all over da walls.
(Translation: Lanie turned off the lights and then I saw very mysterious shadows all over the walls.)
Me: Really? What kind of shadows were they?
P: Day were bery mysterwious (small pause) and scary too.
(Translation: They were very mysterious...and scary too)

Some big words for some little people.

No comments: