Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Paxton's World

There has been much talk about Delanie these past few days around our home, what with all the learning to ride a bike thing. I am feeling like I am not giving Pax his due air time. Here's Pax from the last few days.

1. Paxton is wearing flip flops now. After a trip to Old Navy to pick up a pair of their famous "2 for $5" flops, Pax spotted a pair of what I like to call Flip Flops with Training Wheels. They are flip flops with straps on the back. While they are not quite the flips that Lanie and I live in all summer long, they are a start. He loves them. He just can't put them on by himself...he can never remember which toe the strap goes in between.

Baby steps.

He should have those training wheels off maybe by next summer.

2. A phrase that I can not get enough of, and if he ever grows out of it I will be so sad. He says it when he gets very excited about seeing something. He says, "Oh Mommy/Daddy, just wook at dat/dos______" You can fill in the blank with stuff like Hummer, fast motorcycle, chocolate, candy, pancakes, tall things, big things, bugs, pretty much anything that he is really into or catches him off guard. For me it's the enthusiasm. He is so excited that the "just" is added for dramatic effect, and the fact that he still says "wook" instead of "look" and can't say "that" or "those" and instead it is "dat" and "dos".

Ya, so pretty much the whole sentence gets me.

Because whatever he is trying to get my attention to usually makes me laugh too. Especially when it's chocolate.

3. He was so excited when I pulled out his summer pj's yesterday and there were a set of Cars jammies in the mix. He just kept asking over and over "Mommy, did you get these for me?" and then saying things like "Just wook at dese Cars jammies" and lastly "Mommy, thank you so much for my Cars jammies. I just wuv dem." I think he thanked me about 10-12 times. I graciously accepted each "thank you" and decided to keep from him the fact that they were from last year.

Tonight when he put them on he said "I need some speed!" right as the shirt when over his head. That was quickly followed with a, "vrrrrrrrroooommm!"

4. Lastly, I know that I have shared with everyone already my boy's love for accessories, but we can now add to that a love for shoes. Should I be worried here? I think it all started with the flip flops, but it could go back to when he first learned how to put on his Crocs that he started becoming fond of shoes. Well, whatever, all that matters is that this:



That right there, makes me laugh. Check out those boots! I guess I will have to come back to this picture in a few months to remind myself that, at one point, the boots made me laugh. I don't know what is funnier, the fact that the boots are bright red galoshes (of all the choices) or that they are on the wrong feet.

To me there is nothing more precious than a little one that has shoes on the wrong feet. It gets me every time.

They did it all by themselves.

And it looks so silly.

And sweet.

I just want to scoop them up and squeeze them, and tell them what a good job they did.

Then daddy comes in and says, "Hey dude, your shoes are on the wrong feet!" and I can see the pride just deflate right out of him, as he looks down at his feet.

So I give him (Daddy) the look.

And he says, "What? You don't want him walking around looking all dorky do you?"

I guess he didn't see that they were RED GALOSHES!

No comments: