Thursday, May 8, 2008

I. Can't. Get. Enough.

Today was the Muffins With Mom program at Delanie's school. This is their way of celebrating Mother's Day. Mom's come in we get a little program as well as a gift and some muffins. It's a special time for moms and kids to spend together. This was also Lanie's last Muffins with Mom program as she will be in Kindergarten next year.

This years program did not disappoint. In fact, I have to say, that this program was by far my most favorite of all her programs since she started school. It was just too much.

Sometimes, I think back to my pre-k days (pre-kids) and I remember how corny I thought the stuff that kids made in school for their moms was. I thought it would be so hard for me as a mom to pretend that I loved what they made for me, the way my mom did so well. I thought I would be a much more glamorous type mom who got different types of gifts, you know, like what comes from a store.

Let me be the first to tell you, I could not have been more wrong. The only pretending I have to do at these events, is pretending not to cry. I sit and gulp and swallow as hard as I can. I take deep breaths and try not to think about the tears that are welling up and stinging my eyes.

"Dang it! Your mascara WILL run if you keep this up, and you are surely going to embarrass your child, " I scream at myself.

It's no use. I am an emotional weenie when it comes to this type of stuff. There is nothing cheesy about it.

Glamorous?

Probably not. I'll take it any day of the week though. Somehow, I don't think glamor could hold a candle to these precious memories.

Delanie with her flower hat on for the "April Showers May Flowers" song


The Card she made for me:




The most precious school gift I have ever received:


Grab your tissues...

No comments: