Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Not So Much

I am starting to get a bit worried. Frightened actually. It is mid-May, and we are still dealing with horrible weather. I keep thinking about how great this summer is going to be, but I am afraid it isn't going to get here.

I am having painful flash backs to the summer of '04 when it seemed like it never stopped raining and each day struggled to get into the 80's. Oh sure, there were a few days in the 90's, but not many. I don't even think that we hit 100 degrees that year.

Not that I want to be at 100 degrees everyday, but it does make it feel like summer, and then helps you to appreciate the fall. Plus, 100 degrees never felt so good than when sitting in the pool. I even get my hair wet when it gets that hot.

So here we are, mid-May and it seems as though maybe a few flakes fell today along with all the rain. I did not see any snow, but did hear from some that did. I don't know what I would have done if I saw snow today. It would have been a blow so big that there is no telling how long the recovery may have taken.

We were supposed to go to the zoo today with Delanie's pre-K class. It was their end-of-the-year trip. She had been looking forward to it all month. I have to admit, I was excited too. When I saw the weather report for today a few days ago, I had a little chat with her about what may or may not happen. I just wanted to prepare her. Thank goodness she didn't even fight it. She knew that it would be miserable to walk around the zoo soaking wet and cold. Her teacher was on top of it though, and made other arrangements. The kids still had a great time at a bounce house place in town.

Out of sheer desperation, after our re-planned field trip, I took the kids to Super T and bought some summer outfits for them both. I just hope that they get to wear their new shorts before the end of July.

I am desperate for warm weather that last longer than just a few days...

No comments: