Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Could Eat All Day Long

What happens to moms when they see a little baby that is so sweet, or you look at your own child (even up to 5 years old, from my experience), and you just want to eat them up?

"OHHHHH just look at those cheeks," we squeal. "I just want to eat them up!"

Or we'll see a sweet thing with their shoes and socks off and their chubby little toes are hanging out. What to do? Pick up those sweet feet and put them to your mouth and pretend to chew them up.

Just for starters.

So it shouldn't be too surprising to you to know that I eat several portions of cheeks, ears, and toes each and everyday. It's kind of like they are their own food group really. Instead of filling my tummy, they fill my love tank.

Unfortunately for me, my kids have pretty much out grown this. Either they get kind of annoyed with my antics or I take one good look at their feet, and well, let's just say that the cute, chubby, clean toes of yesteryear have gone to the wayside and in their place I have dirty, big, snarly toe-nailed feet that just don't look as sweet when they are pulled from a Croc that they have been wearing all day long with out a sock.

I just got the heeby-jeebies writing that....

Those same feet fresh from the shower though, are a nice little appetizer.

Pax, especially gets annoyed with my eating habits. He often scowls at me and says things like "Leave my ears alone!" and "I don't want you to eat my cheeks. They're MINE!" This morning though, I got a treat.

When I was getting ready to take a big bite of his sweet (and freshly showered) feet, he said to me, "OK, momma, you can have just a few bites of feet and some ears if you want. But that's it! No more for breakfast, OK?"

That's a deal I couldn't pass up!

No comments: