Sunday, May 4, 2008

More Hide and Seek

My boy had the case of "The Sillies" tonight at bedtime. After getting his teeth brushed, he ran from me and to his room. I made a pit stop at Delanie's room to check what was going on in there, and then went back to Pax's room. When I went back into his room, Pax was no where to be found.

This isn't a new trick. Pax always hides when it's time for nap or bedtime (along with all 2 1/2 year olds around the world). He has only two places to go: under his crib, or in his closet.

I guess I could've gone and checked each place, and then pulled him out and put him to bed, but what fun would that have been? I knew a way to get my boy to spill the beans on his where- abouts.

I pulled out his favorite book at the moment. It's called "My Very Own Name". It has his name all spelled out, first and last, and a cute little story for how each letter was picked out.

me: Well, I guess I'll just read this name book all by myself. I don't know where Paxton is.
Pause
me: OK, I guess I'll just get started with out him.
Pause
me: On June 12, 2005....
The Crib with a voice that sounds just like Paxtons: Hey! That's MY BIRTHDAY!!

He just can't keep quite when he hears that date.

No comments: