Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Fun

This weekend we were so fortunate to be able to celebrate my grandpa's 95th birthday.  NINETY FIVE, people!  We joke around and call him Benjamin Button because, I swear, he is in reverse.  For example, he recently had knee surgery so he could get around better...at 93 years old.  While there are some people missing from this picture (Hello, my two sisters and missing nephew!), this is the majority of my side of the fam. 
Don't ask why I am making that face.  It might have to do with the fact that I was trying to figure out which of the 32 cameras were actually taking the picture...that or I was battling blindness from all the flashes.
In all total, my grandpa's friends and family took up close to 34 seats in the restaurant we celebrated in.  Chaotic, but special.

After all the grub and celebrations were done, we headed over to my sister's place to hang with them and let the kids play without fearing they would have hot food or drinks spilled all over the place.  While I am awesome at making sure my kids always have proper sun protection, bug spray is not my strength.  Unfortunately, we were out a little past dusk for a little too long.  My poor Little Man is paying the price now. 
Yes, he has his shirt on.  Yes, his back/legs/arms are just as bad.
He counted over 24 in all. 

Bug spray, bug spray, bug spray.  I must remember the bug spray. 

No comments: