Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Boy Play Date

Having all sisters (three of them!), and then first having a daughter, my son has been the one to initiate me into all things boy. 

The boy play date is much different than girl play dates.  There is no quiet.  No running up to the bedroom, closing the door, and whispering and giggling for hours.  No playing with dolls or "house". 

Boys are a bit rowdier, louder, and bond over things like playing video games:
 How do you discuss each other's deepest secret while conquering world 7 on Mario Bros?

And boys think it's super fun to drink zombie barf and eat zombie skin:

Thank you, Dr. Dreadful Zombie Lab.  You provided a full 40 minutes of entertainment.

While these play dates are vastly different than what I'm used to, I still love having The Little Man's friends over, and watching my "boy be a boy".

No comments: