Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pardon Me While I Catch My Breath

These last few days have been a blur as the kids and I have run around trying to check off a number of things on our Summer Fun list as the end of summer breathes down our necks.  This week so far has had two pool play dates, with friends we haven't seen yet this summer, a trip to the Hammond's Candy Factory for a tour, samples, and purchases (of course!), and then the aquarium. 

Whew.

It's been a little exhausting.

Even The Little Man is pooped.  He was asleep by 10:15 last night and slept until 9:30 this morning.

Either that or he's growing again.

So, here are some pics of our fun:


The candy factory tour would not have been as much fun if we didn't go with our cousins:

See? It's much more fun to wear a factory hat with your cousin:
Yes, The Girl is already sporting a cheek full of candy a full two minutes after arriving.

 This candy story was amazing. I loved the colors, textures, and the smell...oh, the smell...it was delicious:


This pic is called, "Mine, mine, mine."  And you have to say it just like the Seagulls on Finding Nemo.  Here are the boy's hoarding caramel coated marshmallows:

Loving the old delivery truck parked outside.

The crew watching the candy get packaged up:

It was a super sweet day:


The next morning we got up early and headed out for the aquarium.  I really love the way our city's aquarium is set up.  After hitting up a few aquariums in other cities (Boston and Maui), I've decided ours is pretty awesome. 

Same crew, different day, different location:
Exploring the Colorado River tanks.

 Hitting up some grub after all our exploring.  Yes, The Girl is crossing her eyes.  She's a keeper some days.
Is it wrong that I ate fish tacos for lunch?

Also, The Hubs and I celebrated number twelve, yesterday.  He sent me a sweet love note via Facebook:

I think the traditional gift for your twelfth anniversary is a Facebook note, right?  Well, since it is so close to silk or linen, I'm going to keep it.

No comments: