Thursday, November 11, 2010

Yes, It's a Twofer!

I didn't want to get a day behind, and yes, I did blog earlier this morning, but that was for yesterday, and I hadn't yet come upon what I was thankful for for today.  So, now I am back in an effort to stay on track.

I really don't need to explain myself, do I?  I mean, this is my blog, and my silly little challenge, so I guess I make up the rules, right?

So without getting too caught up in why I am posting twice in one day, we're going to move right on along with what I am thankful for today.

Today, I am thankful for the small amount of quiet time I was given unexpectedly.  I had an unbelievably busy day scheduled today.  Actually, there wasn't that much going on, but the amount of driving that was required to get done the few things that needed to get done, was what sucked the time (and enjoyment) right out of my day.  Plus, I had a few things which didn't overlap just right and so I had dead wait time.  Time that I could have gotten a whole bunch done, but instead of being productive, I had to sit and wait.  I hate it when that happens.

Oh wait!  I am supposed to share what I am THANKFUL for. 

So, earlier this morning, after I had dropped The Little Man off at school, I realized that some of the errands I needed to run would not be run because the stores that I needed to be open in order to complete the errand, were not open.  DRATS!  Another dead wait time.  Feeling angry about not getting things accomplished, I re-ran the to-do list through my head trying to figure a different approach to the day that would allow me to not waste the time I now had before me.  Nothing was working out.  As I was getting closer and closer back to home, I had a thought.  What if I just didn't even run these errands today?  What would happen if I said, "Nope, not today?"  What if I just went home and sat in my house with a warm cup of tea and some yummy honey toast and just took a deep breath?  I mean, really, who's in control here, me or my to-do list?  When the to-do list didn't get mouthy back at me because I threatened to ignore it, I took that chance and ran with it. 

I came home, made some tea, toasted up some honey toast, and sat down with The Word.  Not a single soul was home except me, the dog, and God.  Blissful doesn't even describe it. 

Today, I am thankful that the Holy Spirit prompted me to stop being a slave to my to-do list and to instead spend some time with my Father.

He knew just how much I would need it in order to face and conquer the rest of the day.

No comments: