Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Another Twofer!

I think you should get used to reading that as a title.  I don't want to speculate, but I'm just sayin'.

Onward and upward, right?

So, yesterday I was making dinner for the fam.  Every week I make a menu plan and a grocery list based off of my menu plan.  It's totally anal and obsessive, but it's the only way I can stay sane.  Somehow pizza sauce never made it on the grocery list which is sad because pizza was on the menu for the night.  As I got into my car frustrated and almost sweating because I was trying so hard to refrain from using curse words, it dawned on me: Lord, I am so thankful that you have placed me in house that I am in because it is literally less than a few blocks from the grocery store.  If I was not in the 'burbs, I would be looking at a very different situation.  A dire situation? No.  But different.  (Well, I guess it depends on who you ask.  My kids and The Hubs may have said it was a dire situation because I probably would have attempted to make pizza sauce from scratch.  That would have been bad, very bad.)  Instead, I was able to jump into my car, take five minutes to pick up a jar of pizza sauce, and save dinner.

Please don't think that I haven't also realized this:  Lord, I am so thankful that you have provided us with a home, car, and and the means to pick up pizza sauce whenever I realize that I am without.  I am aware that not everyone is able to do that. 

Today, I am thankful that The Girl was well enough to return to school.  I am also thankful that her teacher kindly provided us yesterday with both the class work and the homework that she missed while she was away.  What this means is that she came home and finished her homework for today and there were no tears over feeling overwhelmed at how much work needed to be caught up on. 

A peaceful home is praiseworthy for sure!

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Hope the pizza was delish! :)