Tuesday, November 23, 2010

GAHHH!

YIKES!

So a couple of days have passed.  I was aware of not getting on here the entire time, but here's the deal: We've had some sickies running around, some school projects to complete, and sometimes, I'll just be honest, I just want to go to bed instead of blog. 

There.  I said it.

So, it's time to be thankful, quickly, because my bed is calling.

Again.

Sunday we took the entire day off.  I mean it.  I never left my pajamas the entire day.  I don't even remember the last time this has happened.  It felt so good, I can hardly wait for a repeat.  I missed going to church, but the rest was so wonderful.  So on Sunday I was thankful for my PJ's, rest, and the entire day to collect myself.

Monday came and initially I was bummed to be starting another week, but then I remembered.  It's a short week!  This gave me enough pep in my step to get through the first part of the day.  Also, The Girl turned in her huge project that we she had been working on so hard.  I was so thankful to watch that project walk right on out of my house on Monday morning!  It was a weight off of every one's shoulders!  I do have pictures of the project, but don't have time to upload now, so I'll be back with those maybe tomorrow? 
**********

YEA!  I'm back!  Here's the pics:

The Girl proudly displaying her diorama.  She's not too sure about posing for the pic which explains the half smile:



















A close up view:



















Can you see what is happening?  It's a prairie fire sparked by a lightening storm.  All the people are working on putting out the fire with their empty flour bags.  I think it looks GREAT. 

I'm also the mom.

***********
During the last part of the day, I finished a project that I had started in my mind the day before.   Don't you do that?  On Sunday I thought it would be such a good idea to clear out my closet, but somehow I was totally sidetracked by a Mantracker marathon.  However, in my mind, I had already committed.  So Monday afternoon I needed to bring the project to completion.

It felt as good as turning in The Girl's project!

As I bagged up THREE bags of clothing, I felt very thankful for the provision that I have been given in this past year.  Provision that I felt like it was time to pass on to someone else.

So to sum up Monday:  I am thankful for a short week, a finished project, and the ability to give to others.

Today the stuffy nose and congestion really hit me.  I didn't feel completely miserable, but I didn't feel like myself either.  I didn't want to work out at all, which is very unlike me.  I actually mentally beat myself up over the fact that I felt like being lazy today since I wasn't 100%.  After spending sometime in the Word and in prayer, I was able to break free from the guilt.  The treadmill will still be there tomorrow.  Hopefully, this sinus junk won't.

Thank you, Lord, for opening my eyes and letting me see a little more clearly.

No comments: