Friday, April 3, 2009

You Have to be Quick to Keep Up

I'm not so sure what is up with me and the lack of blogging lately. I am a bit busier than normal, but not crazy. There has been a lack of material as of late, and then, when something good comes along, that's when I am busy.

With nothing.

Anywho...

Have I ever mentioned how happy I am that The Hubs and I are able to send the kids to a Christian preschool? Well, I am. I just love hearing all the little songs, bible verses, and stories that they learn.

The Little Man is a little less forthcoming with much of the information that they discuss at school. The Girl, she would talk your ear off about all the different stories. The Little Man? not so much. So, when he does say something, like he did yesterday, I like to stop what I am doing, sit down with him, and let him tell me as much as his little heart desires. Considering it usually only takes about 2 minutes for him to get out all he wants to say, it's a small sacrifice to make.

Yesterday at lunch, he said to me, "You know what, Mama? Judas made a really bad choice."

Hold the phone!

I stopped cutting pizza, and came to sit down with him at the table.

"He did?" I asked back, acting all cool and collected.

p: Yup, he made a REALLY bad choice.
me: Oh no! What did he do?
p: I don't know. He's just bad though.
me: You don't remember what the story said he did that was so bad?
p: No.
me: Did he tell the soldiers where to find Jesus?
p: Yup. He told on Jesus and that is really, really, REALLY mean.
me: Do you remember why he told on Jesus?
p: No.
me: did he get something?
p: Yes, they gived him money, and then the soldiers ran and catched Jesus.
me: Yes, they went and found him.
p: If I saw Judas, you know what I would do?
me: No.
p: I would would run really, really, REALLY fast. I would run so fast he would never find me.
me: Oh.
p: Yea, then I would hide, and he would NEVER find me NEVER.
Silence as he strategized his next move.
p: Ya, I would hide in a really hard place for him to find me. Ya, like a tree.
me: A tree?
Silence again as he thinks a bit harder.
p: He could never find me in a tree.
me: Maybe not.
p: Ya, but this tree would not be pokey. It would be soft and smooth. You don't want to hide in pokey trees. They will hurt you.

...And the conversation about Judas and his bad choice is over. In just under 30 seconds we have now switched to playing Hide and Go Seek in trees.

No comments: