Friday, April 17, 2009

It's The Little Things

Well, it seems as though the weather people here aren't crazy after all. We did end up getting snow pretty much all day today. I don't know what the totals are because it is such a wet snow much of it is melting as it collects on the grass and deck. The streets didn't even collect snow, but instead stayed wet all day with a few patches of heavy slush.

I am not freaking out over this bad weather even in the slightest bit, which is totally out of character for me. Some are saying, "Goodness! It's April!" I could care less. It will be 70 on Monday again, and there will be no visible trace that this storm even existed. We will just be able to enjoy green grass and budding trees.

That's my kind of storm.

Plus, it put us back into our jammies for a whole day.

You know my love for jammies.

My Little Man has the same love. He was so happy and content today watching the snow fall in his Spider Man jammies. He was especially thrilled because they were the Spider Man jammies that had the webbing connecting his arms to his sides. These special jammies had somehow gone MIA for the last few months. They resurfaced last night, and even if it had been a nice day, I don't think that I could have peeled those babies off if I wanted to. They were on to stay.

Since it was yucky out, and I didn't want to go anywhere, I thought I would get some chores done around the house. Namely, I needed to go through the kids closets. Even though it was snowing today, warm weather is right around the corner, and I needed to make room for some spring/summer clothes.

Thankfully, we are lucky enough to get some hand-me-downs from our cousins. Today, as I was going through some of the new-to-us clothes, out popped a pair of light-up Lightening McQueen tennis shoes for The Little Man. A few weeks earlier, we saw this same pair of shoes at the store, and he begged for them. Having a feeling we would have a similar pair waiting for us in the Hand-Me-Down Bin, I didn't cave into his incessant pleading.

You should have seen the way his eyes lit right up. It was like he just received the best gift ever. He ran straight upstairs to get a pair of socks, and then on went those shoes. He kept them on all day. I found him a couple of times in the bathroom with the lights off stomping away. As I was putting the Easter stuff away in the basement, we trekked upstairs with the lights off. He said, "Momma, don't worry if the lights are off. I have light up shoes to show us the way."

I was thankful.

I just wished I wouldn't have waited so long to show him that he didn't need to STOMP his feet to light those babies up. A simple tap of the heel got them going.

Spider Man jammies WITH the webbing, Lightening McQueen light-up tennis shoes, and snowy wet weather to keep you at home in both; it was The Little Man's best day ever.

No comments: