Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Banter

I had an interesting conversation with The Girl yesterday.

d: Mom, I don't get why we get candy on Easter.
me: What do you mean?
d: I mean why do we get candy for Easter if we are celebrating Jesus beating death? It doesn't even make sense.
me: I know. It really doesn't does it?
d: Ya, what's the point?
me: I guess you could call it a distraction.
d: What?
me: You know, something that makes you think of something other than what you are supposed to be focused on. It takes away your attention.
d: Ya, because we are supposed to be thinking about Jesus.
me: Yes, we are supposed to be thinking about Jesus and what He did for us, but then there are all these little distractions that take your focus away from the real reason for the day.
d: Why?
me: I guess because Satan doesn't want us to think about Jesus and what He did for us.

Silence and pondering.

d: Ya, candy is a HUGE distraction.

No comments: