Wednesday, April 15, 2009

For the Love of the Game

The Little Man has turned into quite the "gamer". At our health club they have a kid's club and a portion of it has computers full of kid's games. Just recently, The Little Man has given up time on the jungle gym and has chosen to spend some time playing computer games.

He has been telling me all about how he tries to get to different levels, that you have to beat different characters to get past certain points in the game, and all the different facets of the game. Since I don't really know the game he is talking about, I just listen and try to follow along.

Today, when I picked him up from child care, he excitedly told me that he had finally made it to level four. I know he had been wanting to get to "level four" for a few weeks now, so I congratulated him. Tonight, I found out just how excited he was with his accomplishment when I heard this prayer at bedtime:

Dear God and Jesus,
Thank you for this day. Thank you that I got to go to workout with Mommy. Thank you Lord that you let me beat the Boss. Lord, will you help me to beat the Egg Bomber next so that I can make it to level five? In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: