Monday, April 6, 2009

Somewhere There Was a Wrong Turn

Although the conversation took an inappropriate turn, I still laughed. The kids saw me laugh too, which didn't help me at all when it came time to ask them to please not talk about private parts. I hate it when I can't keep myself under control over topics that seem like I should, as a mother, be mature enough to keep myself together until I am totally out of sight and ear shot of my kids.

This is the conversation I heard this morning at the breakfast table.

d: My pancakes are already all gone.
p: Ya, well, MY pancakes are all gone too.
d: Well, my pancakes have already made it all the way through my digestive track.
p: So! MY pancakes went down my throat, into my tummy, then into my small intestine, then into my large intestine, and then right into my wanker.


Oh, yes he did.

No comments: