Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's a Birthday Bonanza!

The Little Man is now three and three quarters. Besides being his mother, I would know that because he tells me and everyone else at least a few times a day.

"I'm a big boy. I am not just three, you know, I am three and three quarters."

With this new age milestone has come a realization that his birthday is coming closer. He is DYING for his own birthday. I know that most kids can hardly wait for their birthdays. Heck, I remember my own countdown several years in a row for my birthday. I am telling you, this is OUT OF CONTROL.

Everyday, he looks at the calendar. One day he announced, "I can't believe it, Mommy! Only nine days until my birthday!" When I told him that wasn't the case, he wanted me to prove it to him. He got very angry when I showed him on the calendar what day it was that day, and then what day his birthday actually was. He then wanted to know exactly how many days that was. So we counted.

Bad idea.

When we got to May he declared, "I hate this calendar. It's mean."

Besides knowing how many days exactly it is until his birthday, we also have been planning the big party. He has about 2 or 15 different parties planned. We are having a Hot Wheels party, a Darth Vader party, a Transformer party, a Cars party, a Toy Story party and a Bad Guys party (besides his own birthday, his other obsession is Bad Guys).

Ya, I think that covers it.

Some of his parties are at Chuck E Cheeses others are at the pool. One party he has planned at his Cousin's house. I thought that was the best idea I had heard in a long time. When I told Auntie, she didn't really agree. Something about cleaning/hosting/paying for a party that isn't even for your own child...blah, blah, blah.

Whatever.

Based off of what happened with the calendar, I won't be telling him anytime soon that I had just planned on getting the family together at the park for a small cook out and play time.

It could be an emotional day.

Until then, we'll just keep counting down the days.

No comments: