Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Don't Think He's Wishing For Peace on Earth

I took the kids to Super T today to pick up some randomness. While we were there I thought we should take a look at the kids Christmas ornament selection. We had made some ornaments this year, but I also love to get the kids an ornament each year to kind of mark who they were that year. Surprisingly, Super T did have a an OK selection, and the perfect ornament for The Little Man this year.

He picked out a Star Wars ornament that had Darth Vader and Yoda dangling in a mobile type way. Each has a light saber, and as the ornament hangs they circle each other like they are dueling. The Little Man's face lit up when he saw it, and I knew instantly it would be his choice. The Girl picked out an ornament that wouldn't have been one that I would have chosen. It was a Disney Princess ornament. I guess I thought she was too old for that, but she loved it, and really it's her choice anyways.

As I walked down the aisle slowly towards the cash registers, I listened in on the kids conversation:

d: I just love my ornament. It is so beautiful. All of the princesses look so pretty in their Christmas dresses!
p: Ya, I love my ornament too.
d: Just look at them! They have their hair done all special, and some even have Christmas berries. It's so gorgeous. I love it! It's so Christmas-y
p: Ya, I love my ornament too. Just look at Darth Vader and Yoda. They look so...so...fight-y. It is so cool and perfect and so fight-y. I love it. Fighting is perfect for Christmas.

I could barely contain myself.

No comments: