Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Fun

Now that I am free to do what I want, I am having fun enjoying some of this:








I let the kids paint their own ornaments for the tree. I am one of those weird Moms that really loves hand made ornaments. Our house has a few trees which we decorate for Christmas. One tree in particular I love loading down with our mismatched and handmade ornaments. I even add Christmas school projects that may not necessarily be ornaments. I just balance those babies onto branches and display those sweet projects like the tree is some sort of cork board.

I love them all. I love going through them each year and remembering when they were made or where we were when we bought them. The hand prints bring tears to my eyes every time.

This sentimentality should be of no surprise to you at this point.

Here are the finished products:




Can you tell which set belongs to The Little Man?

He just wanted to be able to use every paint color option I put out there. Plus, with the type of grip he had on that brush, I should have known he was going more abstract and was going to shy away from the detail work.

**sigh**

He was darn proud.

The Girl was in love with hers too. I am not too sure why Frosty has a yellow bottom, but whatever. She just kept going on and on about how much time and effort she had put into hers. Since we had worked on them for about 20 minutes, I had to just lavish her in praise for her persevering effort.

Also, here is a little bit of Christmas cheer. It's organized chaos, at best, and it totally melted my heart yesterday.

Go Tell it on The Mountain never sounded so sweet.

No comments: