Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Cookie Caper

While The Girl and I ogled some yummy cakes online that we thought we might want to try out for her upcoming birthday, something sneaky was going on behind our backs.

My Little Man's love for all things sweet runs very deep. He was born a chocoholic and will do anything to get his hands on something sweet. I guess I had noticed that he had wandered away from us while we were perusing the cakes online, but I didn't give much thought as to what he was doing.

The Girl turned her head to talk to me and then stopped and hollered out, "UH-OH! BROTHER! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Of course I turned around to see what the problem was. I found our little Sugar Hound caught red-handed with a cookie we had set aside from earlier, and were saving for after dinner.

The cookie was less one bite.

But not less the saran wrap that was used to keep it fresh.

Apparently, looking through cakes online stirred up a fresh and uncontrollable urge to bite right into the forbidden cookie WITH THE SARAN WRAP STILL ON IT. He, of course, didn't ask permission, and he knew what he did was wrong instantly. The tears were flowing like a mighty river.

When I asked him what he was doing and why, he just said tearfully, "But Momma, I am just so HUNGRY!"

It was difficult to punish him. I mean, you could tell he knew what he did was wrong and that he was remorseful. I couldn't let it slide though because you know he would've tried it again, with a little less remorse in his heart.

It was also difficult because I was laughing.

Which is precisely why he went to time out. I needed some space to get out the giggles before I had to look him in the eye and discuss the situation.

The poor kid sobbed while in time out like I have not heard him sob in a long time.

I think it was safe to say he had some Godly sorrow over the incident.

No comments: