Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness

Since it is Thanksgiving, it would seem appropriate that I would be writing about what I am thankful for this year. However, I think I would be writing this post regardless of the day that is showing up on the calendar.

Recently, we have been shocked with the news that our friend, Aidyn, along with her family, has been placed in a very difficult battle. She was recently diagnosed with a tumor in her spinal column. The doctors were pretty certain it is cancer.

For the last two days, we along with hundreds of others have been consumed with prayer on behalf of our friend. Today, saying we are "thankful", seems like a huge understatement. After a long surgery, in which the tumor was much more easily accessed than what they initially thought, and now that said tumor has the possibility of being benign, we are filled with much more than just thankfulness. We are filled with thankfulness, joy, and humility. We are filled with feelings of comfort and love. We are filled with feelings, that I cannot express properly through words.

We are thankful on this day that, even though He has billions of children, our God heard us and is answering our prayers. We are thankful for a God that has plans for us that are good, that prosper us, and give us a hope and a future. We are thankful for a God that comforts us, and even though we are faced with tragedy, He gives us a sense of peace that goes beyond all understanding. He is a God that holds us close when we are anxious, scared, and sad. Like a Dad who holds onto a frightened child. We are thankful for a God that seeks us out for a relationship with Him, and longs to grow us to the conformity of His son.

Saying I am thankful for my family and friends, and that I am thankful for our health just doesn't seem like quite enough. Although I am extremely thankful for these things, I am also keenly aware of our God's abundance. Abundant love, abundant grace, abundant peace, abundant comfort, abundant power, abundant righteousness, abundant ability to hear His children when they call out His name. He is a God of abundance, and he gives abundantly to His children.

I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.--John 16 : 23-24

Father God, our joy is complete.

Thank you.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: