Monday, November 10, 2008

Just The Facts

Once sister started school, The Little Man and I began to have some serious quality time together. Well, about as quality as you can get when you only have 3 hours and you still have to fit in a work out and a shower. Regardless, I am getting more one on one time with the little guy. It's like I finally am getting that time with him that I had with The Girl when she was first born, and it was just she and I. I could spend the day obsessing over every little detail about her. Now I get to do that with The Little Man except he isn't just a lump with no personality or verbal skills. No, he's got quite the little personality, and the kid will straight talk your ear off if you let him.

Here's a quick rundown of where he's at right now:

1. He loves Sesame Street, Backyardigans, Dora, Diego, and pretty much any T.V. show that is on Noggin. He has always loved T.V. from day one. Seriously, one of his very first words was Dora.

He really loves Sesame Street. He can hardly wait to find out what the "Letter of the Day" and the "Number of the Day" are. He will even run upstairs to tell me what they are when I am in the shower. He really likes to "assign the episode" to someone based off of what the letter or number is. For example, if the letter of the day is "K" then it's a Katelyn day (our cousin) because her name starts with a "K". If the number is 5 then it's The Girl's day because she is five. If he can't come up with a connection for the letter or number of the day right away he will ask me, "Momma, who's day is it?"

2. The Little Man really loves school. He loves it even more when he is assigned a job at school. It's usually the first thing he tells me. "Momma! I was the "Door Holder" today." He likes to go to school, but really doesn't talk about his teachers or classmates at all. In fact on his recent report card (yes, a report card for pres-school) it said that he really didn't have any specific friends, but rather would play with whom ever was next to him. So sweet, but kind of sad too.

3. This kid LOVES music. He can sing many songs, and not just kid songs either. He likes songs that he hears on the radio, and can find a beat instantly. He loves to dance and play air guitar. When we are driving in the car, he will often tell me to, "Turn up the music, Momma!" when I have turned it down so that we can all talk to one another. I love that he would rather sing out loud and play air guitar than chat about nothing with the rest of us.

He also loves to watch himself dance to the music. He often catches his reflection in either a mirror at a store or in a pane of glass, and will stay for a while and watch himself rock out. He also enjoys putting on a dance show for me. His favorite music for dance shows comes from his Backyardigans radio. Here he is in one of the very few videos I have of him with bottoms on...for some reason he also likes to dance without clothes on. I hope he grows out of that little habit...

His style of dance is very alternative, and will likely not land him too many prom dates.

I am fine with that.

4. The Little Man really loves to eat. He is a finicky eater, but loves the food he loves. I am in big trouble come the teen years. I can barely keep up with him right now. He is a chocolate hound, and lover of all things sweet. Recently, I have finally gotten him to eat a few bites of vegetables, and tonight he ate some potatoes without gagging. He isn't too daring when it comes to trying new things, but I know that it will come with time.

5. He loves his Baboo. He also loves his Baboo to be folded a certain way each time he goes to sleep. If it becomes unfolded, he will call for us to come and refold it for him.

I love nothing more than going into his room at 1:30 am and refolding Baboo.

6. He loves to dress himself. He is especially fond of putting on PJ's. Recently, when doing laundry, I realized that I had folded over 9 pairs of pajamas. It had only been six days since I had last done laundry.

7. He is the master of losing stuff. If you have something you never want to see again, give it to The Little Man. He'll lose it for you in about two minutes flat. He loses his sippy cup about 12 times a day. I could hand him his sippy as we are walking out the door, realize I forgot something in the kitchen, run back to get it, and when I return the cup will be gone.

I wish I was kidding.

It happens that fast.

He hasn't even left the room, and it has disappeared. We currently have a Diego sippy that has been MIA for over a month now. He lost it while in the toy room. I have turned that toy room upside down several times with no luck. Thankfully, it only had water in it.

8. Psalm 23:1 is his favorite verse right now. He says it over and over all day long. I am not sure why, but I guess it could be worse. There is no way you could get upset/annoyed with this, is there?

No comments: