Wednesday, July 16, 2008

She's Working on Becoming a Food Critic

I know I mentioned it before, but I (and the kids) really like the restaurant Sweet Tomatoes. Besides being good taste wise, it is also very easy to be good there and leave feeling like you have conquered the whole eating out equals eating nutritional garbage battle. Also, for some reason, when we eat there, my kids will try anything. You should see how many beets they eat when they are there. I promise, if I were to break out the beets at home, nary a one would be touched.

Same goes for kidney beans, banana squash, green olives, and tuna casserole.

It's a weird phenomenon, and I just take it and go with it.

Tonight, The Girl and The Little Man thought they would try something new. They thought they would like to try honeydew melon. I know you all think that it's nuts that a five and a half year old has not tried honeydew up until now, but I don't like melon and Hubby doesn't like fruit at all, ergo no honeydew.

After taking a bite I asked The Girl, "Do you like it? Is it nice and sweet?"

She replied, "Well, it definitely tastes a lot more like dew than I thought."

"What?" I came back with confused.

"I guess, I mean, I thought it would have more of a honey taste than it does. But nope it's definitely more of a dew taste. I think it would be better if it tasted more like honey, you know, much sweeter."

I just came back with the only thing I could think of for a comment like that, "Well, I'm just glad you tried something new."

I guess I am going to have to take dew off the menu for next week. Apparently, it's not her favorite flavor.

No comments: