Monday, July 7, 2008

It's Been Like Moving In All Over Again

We're back home! I am so happy to be back to my own domain. Like I have said many times in the past few weeks, the In-Laws digs were not bad. Not bad at all; but something about your own space really makes you feels good.

Plus, due to some packing and unpacking in a hurry several times, I had to get pretty creative with stuff because I would forget things. Like no skewers for shrimp kabobs. Sautéed shrimp it was. I forgot loveys for both kids a few times making nap and bed time just that much more challenging. I didn't have my round brush one night, and of course it was Girls Night Out, and also I forgot a strapless undergarment which completely ruined an outfit. I made due though and really all those things are pretty small and required very little creativity (if any at all) on my part to remedy.

Our floors look GREAT. I am really excited about them. So excited that I have decided that the whole area (kitchen/living area) needed a whole new look. So, we are not just enjoying new floors, but an all new area. Scott wasn't too thrilled to hear that I was going to re-decorate. He thinks that I do these things out of boredom. I have so much time to be bored. Also, it adds cost to the project.

I am happy to say, that because of a good friend ,who has a great eye for decorating, I was able to use most of my own stuff in a new way. My Mother-In-Law also had a bunch of stuff that she was willing to share with me. And as if that weren't enough, I also had coupon for Michael's this week for 40% off of one item and another for 20% off of your entire purchase. Oh yea, then I found out that Hobby Lobby had their lamps and all wall decor on sale for 50% off! I mean, come on, I would have to be crazy to not re-decorate!

Scott still wasn't all that sure. Then something happened. The new place for the TV just happened to be a place that would be better suited if there were a flat screen in it instead of our old tube dinosaur that used to be in it's place.

He came around really quickly to the whole re-decorating idea.

And guess who came out on the other side spending less money?

It was a no brainer.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Pictures, please!