Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Boy Likes to Eat

I love the 4th of July. All the eating, games, fun times with family and friends, and don't forget, it's all done in the warmth of summer. I do love the summer time. The holiday always makes for a very long day, with tons of activities planned all the way to, and then way past bedtime. Hopefully, you don't have a full day the next day, because you have to have some time to recover.

The Little Man and The Girl stayed up WAY past their bedtimes.

And they were allowed to skip nap time yesterday so that they could play with cousins.

It was like hand making a Perfect Storm.

From scratch.

Somewhere in all the chaos, tantrums, and screaming that turned into bedtime, I figured out part of what was making The Little Man so upset. After attending a picnic, where he ate too much sugar and was now coming down off his high, we had told him we were going to watch fireworks.

Let me clarify a little, sometimes we said "Fireworks", and sometimes we said "Firecrackers."

He enjoyed the fireworks show that our town put together, but when it was done he was feeling little empty handed. That's when the chaos began. He wasn't ready to leave or go to bed until he had experienced the "firecrackers."

me: Son, we already saw the firecrackers. Remember, they were up in the sky? All the different colors?
Pax: Yea, the fireworks, but now I want firecrackers!
me: (totally confused) Son, I just told you, we saw the fireworks. That's it! That's all there was! We saw them, and now it's time for bed.
Pax: NO MOMMY! I want to eat some crackers with fire! Firecrackers? I want some of those for snack before bed!

I guess when you are only three, you should not be tempted with words that sound like food when you are completely sleep deprived.

No comments: