Saturday, July 4, 2009

Patriotic Irritation

I know that I am supposed to be blogging about Part Deux of the family vacay today, but I am posting this instead. Generally speaking, I try not to get irritated on this blog. I try really hard to see the bright side of things or take a trying situation and laugh at it. Sometimes, I will share how I am working through a difficult situation or trial, but I do try really hard to not be grouchy or irritated on this blog. It's not what this blog is about.

However.

I can't take it anymore.

The weather this summer is on my last nerve.

Maybe because today was a holiday, it helped me to put where we are as far as a day on the calendar more clearly. We are HALF WAY done with summer. To help you understand where my irritation lies more clearly, we have just left a Fourth of July picnic due to an unrelenting rain and a such significant temperature drop that it allowed for us to SEE OUR BREATH, I am now at home in FLEECE pajamas and footies, and am drinking HOT tea to stay warm.

On the Fourth of July.

Really?

There will be no fireworks this year, no cute tank tops, flip flops, watermelon seed spitting contests, Popsicles, or fun that takes us into a warm summer night. Instead, I am drinking tea, watching a movie, and trying to stay warm.

It just seems so wrong, doesn't it?

WHERE ARE YOU SUMMER?!?

Part Deux will come tomorrow.

Along with a happier attitude.

No comments: