Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Filling Some Big Shoes

Happiness can be cheap sometimes. What I mean is, it's the little things in life. Today there was happiness all around our home.

The Little Man was in desperate need of shoes. I have come to love Crocs for The Little Man right now. My feelings about these shoes as a whole is a totally different story, but for right now? They are pretty darn perfect for The Little Man. His current pair started sporting a hole in the bottoms last week. Also, I am pretty sure that they were a size and half too small.

Hey, no judgment! The kid happens to be growing like a weed right now.

Anywho, I told him it was time to get some new shoes. I didn't suggest that we were going to get new Crocs, but just that he needed new shoes. He piped in excitedly right away that he could hardly wait to get a new pair of Crocs, and that he wanted them to be black just like Daddy's.

With that kind of excitement, I had to get the black Crocs. Do you all know how difficult it is to get a knock-off brand of Crocs, that are black, at the end of July? It's hard. Apparently, many people are gearing up for school to start so all summer type apparel is out and all fall apparel is in. That means boy's sandals aren't really being carried currently because they are summer clothing. If I wanted to buy boy's sandals, I needed to shop for those in March. You know, when it was SO sandal season.

I'm on a tangent.

So, after five stores (FIVE, F-I-V-E, cinco), I decided we were going straight to the Croc kiosk in the mall. Even if it meant paying a premium for not getting the knock-offs.

Trust me, it hurt.

Bad.

However.

You should have seen the look on my boy's face, and the swell in his chest, when he walked in the door after getting his new shoes. His Daddy was waiting right there at the door and said to him, "WHOA Buddy! Look at those new Crocs! They look just like mine! They're black and everything!"

Oh, the pure happiness.

It wasn't even containable.

Which is just what I needed to see.

It was worth every penny.

No comments: