Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Taking My Gig to the Food Network

Ice cream is an essential part of summer. I try not to go too hog wild, but we do go through phases where we have a bowl about every night. Sometimes, I buy flavors that I know no one else will really care for, like Green Tea by Haggan Daz. This way, I get to eat it straight from the carton. It just tastes better that way.

Last night, I realized that we didn't have much ice cream left. Also, it was plain vanilla. Boring. It was remnant ice cream from Root Beer floats the week before. Yes, we have chocolate sauce, and yes we also had caramel sauce, but it just wasn't enough. I wanted something different. Also, we needed to share the love with everyone. Remembering the Oreos, I thought Oreo shakes were in order.

Keep in mind, these Oreo shakes are totally nothing to be impressed about. They are ice cream, milk, chocolate sauce, and Oreos. Totally standard. The Girl however, has never had a concoction like this come from our kitchen though.

She was getting more and more excited as they were getting closer and closer to being done. Finally, they were ready, and she quickly hurried to her chair at the table so she could be served up the finest Oreo shake this kitchen has to offer.

I have to admit, I was expecting compliments.

I was.

I could tell by the level of excitement before hand, that it could've been horrible, and I would have still heard how it was the greatest thing she has ever had. Plus, it was ice cream and chocolate. Hello? You can't not like it. There's no messing that up.

The compliment I heard was a bit weird though.

"Oh momma! These are so good! I LOVE IT! "

Silence as she eats more.

"You know what we should do? We should make up a huge batch of these, and then we could take them to Costco and give out free samples to everyone. You know like how they always give out free samples of all their yummiest food? Ya, and then people would love them so much that they would want to buy some."

So at least the shakes were as good as the free samples of food at Costco.

No comments: