Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Letting My Hair Down

So after I got a little unglued about the weather for the Fourth, things have changed. This week we have been to the pool twice, and have enjoyed some very warm days.

I am happy once again.

Another thing that has made me happy is that the pool water is extremely nice. I'm not a human thermometer, but I would put the temp at about 87 degrees. Give or take. Whatever it is, I am just going to call it splendid.

It is so splendid, in fact, that I have been in the water frolicking around with the kids. And, here's a bonus, (that my hair dresser would not approve of, sorry!) I have been getting the hair wet and swimming laps. I know. My kids can barely recognize me. And it's not because my roots are grown out approximately four inches with a smattering of grey, or because my mascara is streaked down my face.

No, it's because I need very warm weather and very warm water in order to get into a pool. You usually don't get both of those together. There was a lady who entered the pool today, looked at me, and said, "Wow, it's like bath water in here. That's not too refreshing, now is it?"

I hardly had a response.

I smiled sweetly to her and said, "I don't know, it feels like heaven to me." And it was.

I was considering not getting my hair colored for the rest of the summer just so I feel like I am allowed to swim around and not worry about ruining the color with the chlorine. Unfortunately, upcoming family pictures will be stopping that. Somehow, even though my kids could careless, I have a feeling I would regret having a family portrait taken with the newest additions to the family: My roots and greys. So alas, I will have to get in all the swimming and frolicking I can this next week or so.

Then I might be investing in one of those rubber caps.

I'm sure the kids can hardly wait to hang around with that!

No comments: