Monday, May 11, 2009

We Now Continue with Our Regularly Scheduled Program

Mother's Day was really great. No, I mean it. I don't think I can think of a better Mother's Day weekend. Saturday morning we went to breakfast with The Hubs' family. Raspberry Granola Pancakes topped with raspberry yogurt.

Yum.

After that, we decided we better get started on the garden a day early. Usually we save the garden for actual Mother's Day, but the weather wasn't sounding too promising for the next day so we thought we better go for it. It was just plain nice to spend time together outdoors. Even though the kids didn't stay completely focused on the garden, they were outside with us and they were behaved.

More happiness.

After the seeds and plants were in the garden, we kept going with some outdoor cleaning/pruning/sprucing up. It is right up my alley to start a task and then see a finished product. I love completion.

Next, we hit up some yummy Mexican food for lunch. Again, the kids were well behaved. I am feeling like the most blessed woman on the planet.

Sunday, was wonderful too. The Hubs was on set-up/tear-down duty for church that morning, which means he has to go early, while I hang back with the kids. Not on this Sunday! He offered to take both of them with him so I could have a morning to MYSELF!

Bliss.

So after both kids woke me up with kisses and letters (both letters told me that their favorite thing about me was that I made them food...), then they were off with Daddy to church, and I was free to surf the web in silence with my tea and in my jammies until it was time to get ready for church, which I did BY MYSELF.

A whole lot of happiness.

After church, we hit up some yummy salad, and home we went. The whole time the kids were very well behaved.

Today, it's Monday.

Thank goodness it was nice out today.

My kids are OFF THE HOOK.

Crazy.

LOCO.

Hyper active wild animals.

I should've known that at any moment they were about to EXPLODE. They had been holding it together so well for Mother's Day. I know no one asked them to, but because God is so good, they did.

And now it's over.

No comments: