Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Next Up: America's Got Talent

After this week, I should be able to make an appearance here on Tuesday nights. I have been released from the grip that was The Biggest Loser. Oh. My. Heavens. I was TOTALLY addicted this season!

Also, I was SHOCKED at the outcome. Who knew? I have yet to meet/talk with someone who didn't say they were surprised that Helen won. And, hello? She was 117 pounds! ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME! I mean, I don't know how tall she is, but that is not, "Oh wow! She lost a lot of weight." That's more like, "WHOA, that girl is skinny!" Also, Tara and Mike looked so good. I had tears of joy through out last night's Finale Episode.

Now, all that's left for us (as in what interests this family, not in all of TV land) in reality television this season is Survivor.

Did I ever mention that this reality television watching is a family event? No? Well, that's probably because we have been too busy watching it and discussing all the parts and pieces.

I am not even kidding when I tell you that The Little Man and The Girl could totally walk you through the details of both The Biggest Loser and Survivor this past season, use all the correct names, know the different strategies, and tell you who they hope is going to win and who they hope gets voted off next. It's very interesting to get a small person's perspective on things. For example, The Girl, she wanted Tyson to get voted off of Survivor for weeks before it actually happened. She said it was because she thought he was, "Plain mean and nasty". Also, she thought he was a big liar. I was shocked to hear this because The Girl likes everyone. I mean, she always finds something in a person to like. Sure enough, he was voted off not too long after she declared he must go.

This morning, instead of, "Good morning, Dad", the only thing The Girl wanted to know was, "Who won The Biggest Loser?" After being shocked herself, she had to have her daddy pull up pictures of the contestants on the Internet so she could see for herself. The Little Man said, "Helen won? Well how much numbers did she lose?" Lastly, tonight, as we caught up with last week's Survivor (love DVR), The Little Man beamed with excitement as we watched his favorite player, Stephen, win immunity.

So, yes, reality TV has become a family event.

Yes, I realize I should have my speech ready for when they come to deliver my "Mother of the Year Award. "

Sorry. They only give out one a year. You must have exceptional parenting skilz to receive one.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Here you go Mother of the Year!

http://news.cnnbcvideo.com/?nid=1hkMtrfgNxWlWr7yKVSNxjExNDQyNjU4&referred_by=16813656-rHRfLRx