Friday, May 8, 2009

Regardless, He's Still Sweet as Sugar

Yesterday, I got to be apart of The Little Man's first Muffins with Mom. His preschool does this event the Thursday before Mother's Day every year. The Girl has done them as well, and so I kind of knew what to expect.

My expectations may have been set too high for The Little Man.

Seems as though we have failed him in the area of teaching him manners.

Specifically how to treat a lady.

Namely, his mother.

Instead of pulling out the chair and offering it to me, like all the other kids had done, and how his teachers instructed him, he pulled the chair out, took a seat, and then looked at me and said, "Mom, can you get me a muffin."

Clearly, the purpose of a Mother's Day Muffins with Mom was lost on him. He was there for the muffins.

Period.

Later in the day he made up for it though.

We were getting all of our last minute gardening stuff purchased at a local home store. The Little Man is VERY excited about gardening. For the last three years, for Mother's Day, we plant our veggie garden. It's just a fun time to spend together, and the kids and I love it. As we were walking into the store, he asked if we were going to be planting the new stuff in our garden that day. I told him that, yes, we would be planting some of it today and the rest of it would be planted on Sunday. Out of pure excitement The Little Man proclaimed, "YEA!! Oh Momma, I love you."

I replied with, "I love you too buddy."

Then he said the sweetest thing he has said in a long time, "Happy Mudder's Day to you Momma."

My heart melted and all the muffin hogging, no chair pulling out, clueless about how to treat a lady stuff went right out the window.

He completely redeemed himself.

No comments: