Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

First, I am all caught up from all the stuff that has been weighing me down for the last two weeks! It feels good to get a couple of large monkeys off my back. In honor of this momentous occasion, I will be brief so that I can enjoy an evening in bed, in front of the tube, in a complete vegetable like state.

Bliss.

Also, today, when shopping for vitamins at a local health food store, I found a chocolate bar that The Girl can eat. I know that this sounds small to most of you, but here's the deal: The Girl has NEVER had a candy bar! Because of her peanut allergy, the only chocolate she has had is chocolate chips. Don't get me wrong, chocolate chips are divine, but they are far cry from a candy bar. Apparently, chocolate only gets manufactured in plants that contain peanuts.

Except for Tootsie Rolls, which I think we all can agree in unison, "I DON'T THINK SO".

Thankyouverymuch.

So today, when I saw this bar in the candy aisle that was wrapped in a wrapper with a familiar logo on it, I snatched it up. The kids LOVE their bars, so I knew from purchasing their bars that they are a company committed to being allergen friendly. Sure enough! It was a bona fide chocolate bar. There was even one that was dark chocolate or one with rice crispy type things in it similar to a Nestle Crunch Bar. Here's more good news: They taste great! I mean, you couldn't tell the difference between them and a Hershey's Bar. Which is to say, if there was a competition between this bar, and say maybe some fine European chocolate, well, this bar would lose. But, hello? My girl can have a chocolate bar, and I don't think she is complaining one bit about quality.

Because she knows nothing about different levels of quality within the chocolate world.

Remember, up until now, she has thought that the giant Tootsie Rolls were chocolate.

Can you hear the music in the background? I think it's "A Whole New World" from the Aladdin soundtrack.

So, because of this small blessing today, I will say that I LOVE ENJOY LIFE PRODUCTS!

Moving on.

The Little Man put on a shirt today that had a crab on it.

me: Hey buddy, you're a little crab today!
p: No I'm not!
me: Yes you are. Look, your shirt has a little crab on it. You're a crab!
p: (Looking at his shirt and thinking) No, I'm not a crab, Mommy! I am just a boy with a crab shirt on.

Well, now we're all clear.

No comments: