Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stop What You're Doing: I Have Something to Say...

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but if you haven't, take the five minutes. I'll wait.

I found it fascinating.

Very eye-opening.

And convicting.

And totally spot on.

I don't know how many people really read this blog. I mean, I know my mom and mother-in-law do (Hi!). But beyond that, I really have no idea. Nor do I know what type of backgrounds you all have. Since the blog is out there in cyberworld, in the back of my mind I know that it can be accessed by anyone at anytime. Sometimes, when I log-in to write, I can see in my live traffic feed that there are people that stop here (even if for a brief second, and by accident) from all over the place. So for all of you readers, or people who happen to accidentally stop here after using Google, desperately seeking the answer to some question you have (sorry, you were led astray. You aren't going to find it here), I need to tell you something.

I am desperate for you to know that there is more than this life in this world. I want you to know that there is a God who has promised you life everlasting. The condition? You have to believe in your heart, and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and that He came to save you from this world.

What? You think you've done too much wrong and made too many mistakes? You think God would never want to save you because you've gone way too far past the line? We all have. We all are sinners. That is no surprise to God. That's why he sent His one and only Son. He sent Him to live a perfect and blameless life. He sent Him not for the perfect people, not for even the good people, but he sent Him for us "while we were still sinners"(Romans 5:8). Then while we were still doing everything wrong, and as we spit in His face, He laid down His life for us.

God is not surprised or caught off-guard by your sins. He knew you would be a sinner when He created you. It didn't stop Him from bringing you into this world. He still created you because he loves you that much. That same God wants to spend eternity with you.

It's never too late. You will never do too much wrong. He is waiting for you with big open arms, and once you allow Him to grab hold, He will NEVER let you go.

I realize that some of you who will read this may still not believe me. For whatever your reasons are, I will still pray for you, as I will also continue to pray for Penn. I pray that one day this truth will become real to you. I will pray that it doesn't happen too late. Because, just as Penn said, even though I don't know you, if there were a truck barreling down on you, and you didn't see it coming (or believe it was coming), I would try to do something to save you. And, again to restate what the video already said, this is WAY bigger than that.

Your life is at stake here.

Your eternal life.

I just needed to share that with you.

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" --1 Peter 3:15

No comments: