Tuesday, May 26, 2009

School's Out For Summa!

Oh yea! I have been wanting to post that title for WAY too long. It feels good. Even though coming back for ONE day this week felt so wrong. I should have titled this "Randomness" because that is what you are going to get. Just a bit of random goings on around here the last five or so days.

First, our garden is doing wonderfully. I really was a bit worried because the beans were not the first to pop through the soil, as they have always been in the past. Hubs planted the beans and carrots this year. I usually just draw a dainty little line in the soil with a trowel, drop the seeds, and lightly cover them back up again.

Hubs had a full size shovel.

So, his was a bit different than my approach.

When I told him that I was a bit nervous about the beans not popping through, he said, "Don't worry. When they pop through, they'll be the strongest beans we've ever grown." Personally, I like my beans tender, but who am I to judge.

No worries, they are here.

Next up, Field Day. The Girl had her first Field Day the last Friday of school (which should've been the last day of school in my opinion...have I shared that already?). Hubs and I were ready for some relays and racing.

Not so much.

That's not how they do it anymore.

So we did some jumping:


Some running to get a good jump in:


Some parachute play:






If you still feel like you need a little more competition after all that parachute play, well then, we have some croquette:


This was The Girl's favorite station of the day, Face Painting.


Followed very closely by the Playground Station (I can't even make this stuff up. The pictures are proof.)


Oh, look at who else was there:


The last station of the day, was a little Sack Race:


The kids, by this time, were DYING for some sort of competition. They all gave it there all, and were even cheering and hooting and hollering. Thankfully, The Girl, she's had plenty of experience with the Sack Race. She KILLED it.

OK, so that comment was a bit violent for a Kindergarten Sack Race, but all the pent up competitive spirit was brewing over at this point.

All in all it was a good day, and good fun was had by all.

Finally, in order to say good bye to the school year properly, we had Kindergarten Graduation today.



After some songs and a video montage of the year, diplomas were handed out.


But, only to the ones who passed:


Oh, I kid.

Of course, they all passed.

And, a picture with her teacher:


It was a special first year of school, and we were lucky to have such a great teacher and fun class.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of NOT running around to enjoy.

No comments: