Monday, March 16, 2009

Confessions

Sometimes it just feels good to get things out in the open. Get them off your chest. Not that I would admit to anything torrid or too embarrassing here, but nonetheless:

1. I have been enjoying our "mild" winter very much. I am sure that comes to no surprise to anyone, but I have to admit, I would love to have a huge blizzard. One that socks us in for a couple of days. Of course, I would like to have fair warning of said blizzard so that I have all the essentials (read: comfort food) in stock. The thought of watching it come down from the comfort of the warm house, baking, watching TV, staying in your cozy jammies, and having to clear the calendar because you don't have any other choice, sounds divine in my world. I would prefer that it happens in the middle of the week, so we have a snow day from school, or two.

Also, if all the snow that came down could ALL melt in about 2-3 days, and we could have our 70 degree temperatures back, that would be nice too.

Thanks.

2. Since it is warm, and we don't have any impending blizzards, I have been doing some "spring cleaning" in the yard. I have already "prepped" my garden, and today, I went ahead and pruned back all the bushes, roses, perennial flowers, and ornamental grasses.

The confession part? Well, I loved every minute of it. Please don't let these words lead you astray, I am not a gardener nor to I have a green thumb of any kind, but I do enjoy working with plants and gardens. I have no clue what I am doing, but I just do what looks like it might work, or might help the plant out. That makes the surprise all the sweeter when something actually happens in the garden/flower bed come summer time.

Also, I love the way everything looks all pruned back. It's like they all got a good hair cut, and it just screams spring to me.

3. While I was in this "Spring Cleaning" mode, I decided to wash the dog's blanket.

For the first time all winter.

Don't judge.

4. Even though it seems as though The Little Man had a 24 hour tummy bug, I am still scarred from The Girl's last experience with the "Bug". I have been waiting and waiting for the second wave to hit. If he makes it a week, I will say we are all clear.

5. As I post this, Hubs is watching Dancing with the Stars...

Oh, I guess that's a confession HE should make.

Sorry, hon.

No comments: